Retire in Sheridan Wyoming
Located in the heart of what was once Indian Territory, Sheridan Wyoming was recently voted the #1 Western Town in America.
Nestled in the foothills of the Bighorn Mountains, Sheridan offers wide open spaces and spectacular scenery. Many retirees are discovering the beauty of this town.
BIG HORN MOUNTAINS
The Big Horn Mountains help to make this a sportsman's paradise.
Outdoor activities include:
- In the summer months you can enjoy some of the finest fly fishing in Wyoming.
- Hang Gliding is very popular beginning in the spring and continuing into the late fall.
- Steamboat Rock and Tongue River Canyon offer a fantastic rock climbing experience.
- During the winter months, there is snow shoeing, snowboarding, alpine and cross-country skiing.
- Hunters can find plenty of game on public and private lands. The big game hunting includes, adult mule deer, white-tailed deer, elk, moose, antelope and black bear. The bird hunting includes, pheasant, grouse and turkey.
Just because the winters are long don't think that you can't play golf in Sheridan Wyoming.
Dubbed Wyoming's Golf Capital, Sheridan offers four championship courses.
- The Powder Horn - A 27-hole championship course
- Kendricks - An 18-hole course
- Sheridan Country Club
- Buffalo Course
SHERIDAN WYOMING RODEO
The Sheridan WYO Rodeo is a week long celebration in July. People from all over the United States come to participate and watch the festivities.
MORE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- Sheridan is home to two polo clubs and nine playing fields. That's right POLO!
- You can also enjoy hiking, canoeing and horseback riding.
- Kendrick Park is a park where the buffalo and elk roam free.
There is a historic main street district with dozens of unique stores and numerous museums.
The King's Museum is one of the best Western museums in the country. It is home to hundreds of unique saddles and memorabilia of the Wild West.
With a state-of-the-art medical facility, a local college, low cost of living, and limitless recreational opportunities, Sheridan, Wyoming is fast becoming of the best small towns to retire in.______________________________
WANT MORE INFORMATION ON RETIREMENT IN WYOMING?
Check Out These Other Articles:
FOR MORE IDEAS ON WHERE TO RETIRE, CHECK OUT THESE ARTICLES:
Click here to leave Retire in Sheridan Wyoming and return to Retire American Style home page.