Retirement Cake Ideas
Make your retirement party a hit with these retirement cake ideas. From theme cakes to cupcakes, the retiree will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
A traditional retirement party usually includes a cake, but nothing says it has to be a traditional sheet cake. Use your imagination and serve a cake that everyone will get a kick out of.
TO BUY A CAKE OR TO MAKE A CAKE
If you don't have the time or just don't enjoy baking, then buy the retirement cake for your party. Just let the bakery know what ideas you have for the cake and they will make it happen for you.
But if you do enjoy baking, are imaginative, and want to save some money, then make the retirement cake yourself. A retirement cake can be fun and easy to make. Plus, you will have more freedom with flavors and ideas by making the cake yourself. Everyone will appreciate your thoughtfulness and effort.
WHAT TYPE OF RETIREMENT CAKE
Just like the rest of the party, keep in mind who the retirement party is for. The cake should be a tribute to the retiree.
What are the retiree's plans during retirement...to play golf, garden, travel, read?
You can pay respect to his favorite activity, to his years of work, or just make a cake celebrating a new beginning in the retiree's life.
Be sure to make the cake in the retiree's favorite flavor - chocolate, strawberry, red velvet...etc.
Theme Retirement Cake Ideas
If you are having a theme retirement party, then your job of deciding what kind of cake to serve just got easier! Incorporate your party theme into your retirement cake idea.
Some theme retirement cake ideas:
- If the retiree is planning a trip to Las Vegas soon after retirement, make a “Casino” cake with dice and cards.
- For the bowling enthusiast, make a cake and decorate it with a bowling pin and ball on top.
- For a 50's theme party, make a round cake that looks like an old vinyl record.
- For a Mardi Gras party, make a “King Cake” and be sure that the retiree receives the piece of cake with the baby in it for good luck.
- For a NASCAR theme, use two 9” round cakes. Cut a small semi-circular notch from one cake, then position the cakes together. Cover with white icing. Decorate the cake to look like a racetrack.
For more detailed information on decorating a retirement cake, go to Family Fun Cake Recipes.
For more retirement theme ideas,
MORE RETIREMENT CAKE IDEAS
If you are not planning a theme retirement party, there are still plenty of great retirement cake ideas.
- Alarm Clock - Make a round cake with two small square cakes on the top to look like an alarm clock. Decorate the top of the cake with the hours and write fun and relaxing activities by each hour...sleep, eat, shop, relax, watch tv...etc.
- Artist Palette - Cut out a thumb hole on a round cake. Ice the cake in white and put gel icing in different colors for the paint.
- Checker Game Board - Ice a square cake to look like a checker game board. Wash in soap and water four or five real checker pieces to use as decoration on the cake.
- Group Picture - Find a bakery that does custom cake picture printing. Many bakeries have printers that print pictures with edible ink that can be place onto any cake.
RETIREMENT CUPCAKE IDEAS
Cupcakes are a popular way to serve cake to a group of people. There is no cutting and you can have different flavors and designs.
Decorate each cupcake with a different retirement saying or cake pick.
Cake picks are a great idea for cupcakes. Not only are they easy to use but they come in all shapes, sizes, and themes.
You can purchase cake picks that say such things as “Happy Retirement” or “Congratulations”. You can even purchase rocking chair picks or yellow "Smiley Face" picks to put on the top of your cupcakes.
RETIREMENT CAKE SAYINGS
Retirement cake sayings can be humorous or serious.
Retirement cake sayings:
- Happy Retirement – No Alarm Clock. No Commute. No Problem.
- Enjoy Your Retirement Time (use on a clock cake.)
- Retired – Relax and Enjoy!
- Retirement is just the beginning
- Retirement is merely ending one venture and beginning a new chapter of life.
- Enjoy your Retirement years. The best is yet to come!
- (Retiree's name),...Gone Fishing!
- Fishing yesterday, Fishing Today, Fishing Tomorrow. (retirees name) must be retired
- It's time to get lucky...in Vegas Baby!
- Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas.
- There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want!
- Retirement...is when you stop living at work and begin working at living.
- Retirement means no pressure, no stress, no heartache...unless you play golf.
- Retirement: World's longest coffee break.
- Life Begins at Retirement!
- (retiree's name)'s retired – Goodbye tension, hello pension!
And of course you can always just put -
Congratulations! We will miss you!______________________________
NEED MORE IDEAS FOR A RETIREMENT PARTY?
Check Out These Other Articles:
Click to leave Retirement Cake Ideas and return to the home page.