Free Things For Seniors
One of the great benefits of becoming older is that you are now eligible for many Free Things For Seniors that are offered through the government and other organizations.
The only problem is to take advantage of these “freebies”, you must first know about them.
Below is a list of some of the Free Stuff For Seniors:
Free Things for Seniors When Traveling
- If you are 62 or older, you qualify for the Golden Age Passport, which is a lifetime entrance pass to national parks, monuments, historic sites, recreation areas, and national wildlife refuges that charge an entrance fee. There is a one-time $10 processing charge.
- You can receive a free passport if you are a member of a family visiting an overseas grave site of a veteran. Eligibility includes widows, parents, children, sisters, brothers, and guardians of the deceased who are buried on foreign soil.
and Free Time
- Many County Cooperative Extension offices offer free courses, workbooks and videos about cooking, sewing, and other hobbies. Check with your local office.
- If you are into genealogy, then you may want to check with Ellis Island. For $10 you can receive a copy of the ship passenger log of immigrants arriving through Ellis Island. The organization has records dating back to the 1800's.
- Visit your local library for free books, free audio books, and much more.
- If you enjoy dancing, painting, or writing, you may be eligible to receive a grant or fellowship to help you pursue your art form. Contact The National Endowment For The Arts for more information.
- There are many free outdoor concerts and theater productions that are offered during the summer months. Check with your local park and recreation department. Plus, many ballets, orchestras, museums and art galleries offer discounted admission to senior citizens. Or consider volunteering as an usher and receive free tickets in exchange for your work.
Contact the Retired Senior Volunteer Program, Foster Grandparent Program, ...etc.
Free Things for Seniors' Health
Free Legal Help
- Many states offer free legal advice through a hotline for older citizens. Contact your state Department of Aging.
- Eldercare Locator can provide you with access to organizations serving older people at state and local levels, including legal assistance and other advocates.
- If your insurance company has denied a recent medical claim, contact your state Insurance Commissioner. They may be able to help reverse the decision for free.
Free Things for Seniors' Housing
Miscellaneous Free Things for Seniors
- Many local beauty and barber schools will offer free or low cost haircuts.
- If you need expensive dental work and can not afford it, local dental clinics and dental colleges will often offer quality dental care at little or no cost.
- You may be able to get free care for your pet at a local veterinary school.
- There are many programs that provide free job training and opportunities to senior citizens. Check your local area for such training opportunities.
- Sign up for free coupons online. A couple of sites are Cool Savings and Coupon Mom.
As you can see there are many free things for seniors. By searching the internet, you will be able to find many more freebies.
WANT MORE INFORMATION ON FRUGAL RETIREMENT?
Check Out These Other Articles:
Click to leave Free Things for Seniors and return to the home page.
Whether you are here for the first time and want to find a specific topic or you want to return to a page that interests you, this Site Search box will help you.
Find amazing deals on books, DVD's, and more using The Retire American Style store powered by Amazon.com.
Information on retiring in Wyoming.
Information on senior adventure travels.
If you would like to receive our free newsletter, complete this form and we will be happy to get it to you.